CON 090 Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Fundamentals
FAR Fundamentals is a four week, resident, foundational course for new hires that provides a total immersion into the Federal Acquisition Regulation (Parts 1-53) and the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS). The course will prepare the 21st century acquisition workforce to operate successfully in a web enabled environment. CON 090 is a limited lecture, research-intensive, exercised-based curriculum. Participants will analyze contracting business scenarios developed through research of the FAR and its supplements. The course is presented in four modules: Contracting Overview; Contract Planning; Contract Formation; and Contract Management. Students are expected to become familiar with FAR parts 1-53. Students will be quizzed daily on FAR part knowledge, lecture/lesson content, and homework. Students should be prepared to dedicate 2-3 hours per evening for homework. Classroom laptop computers will be provided for each student.
- Organization of the Federal Government
- The Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- FAR Supplements
- Government Branches Involved in Acquisition
- The Contracting Process in the FAR
- Contracting Instruments
- Elements of a Contract
- Acquisition Planning
- Legal Considerations
- Acquisition Methods
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the basic framework of the Federal acquisition environment.
- Identify the basic principles of federal government contracting.
- Given access to online resources (FAR, DFARS, and DFARS PGI), locate, cite, and interpret information in the FAR and DFARS that is applicable to DoD acquisitions
This is a DAU mandatory course and must be sucessfully completed prior to enrolling in any additional DAU contracting certification courses. The focus is not limited to DoD or the federal government. This course is certified as equivalent with DAU's CON 090 Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Fundamentals.
|Target Audience||Contracting Career Field (New Hires)|
|Course Length||4 Weeks|
|Tuition||Call for pricing|
|Next Available Offering||April 22 - May 17, 2013|